Sunday 8 July 2012

Portrait of the author

When I was getting ready to publish Looking for Buttons (yes, she's going on about that again), one of the many gems of wisdom from the fabulous indie author Lexi Revellian was that I needed an author page on Amazon.  With a photo.

Ah.

I don't do photos.  Not in a diva-ish, sunglasses on, hand-over-the-lens sort of manner.  More in an oh-sorry-did-I-just-break-your-camera-by-looking-at-it? way.  A few (okay, more than a few) years back, I had vague hopes that eventually I might mature into Eleanor Bron-esque elegance.  All I've managed is brontosaurus.

But in this image-conscious world the look is all, and I can't possibly go on blogging facelessly.  I'm not going to do all the work for you, though.  I'll give you a thumbnail sketch and your imagination can fill in the rest.  This is what I look like:

The secret love child of Nana Mouskouri and Harry Palmer.

2 comments:

  1. Then it is time to treat yourself to a stylish new pair of specs! Ones that go dark at the least hint of UV light, so you look cool and mysterious.

    (Did you know you can link your blog to your author page?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, the specs are fine. It's the face behind them. Although I do need another pair. Problem is that once I take mine off to try another style on, I can no longer see what I look like!

    Thanks for the tip about linking to my author page, I'll do that.

    ReplyDelete